Our Reclaimed York Stone
Reclaimed York stone is probably the most popular choice, if not the only choice, if you are looking for a patio that looks in keeping with a period property. Typically 200 years old, reclaimed York stone has worn smooth, resulting in a stunning patina and a period feel.
It is durable and hard wearing, yet looks fabulous when laid by a skilled artisan and will only enhance any period property. As well patios and any hard standing areas, York stone can even be used for driveways.
- If you choose reclaimed York stone, rather than new, you will be getting a higher quality product than when buying it brand new.
- Reclaimed York stone has a fantastic character, that you can’t replicate with new stone products. All those little marks and dents only go to enhance the period look – many customers love that there is a bit of history behind all of our reclaimed stone. So if you want to add character to your period property or you are renovating an older building, then this stone is ideal.
- Even though it originated in York, most reclaimed cathedral grade York stone is in fact now sourced from London, having been laid by wealthy Victorians.
- Reclaimed York stone will be cleaned and any mortar or other imperfections will be taken off before it is sold, unless otherwise specified. It will be ready to use as soon as you have had it delivered to your home.
- The edges and corners of York stone are typically hand fettled by craftsmen in the early 19th and late 18th centuries.
If you want to make an enquiry about one of our batches of new as well as reclaimed York stone, then please call now on 01580 201258.